Tuesday, April 12, 2016

7 Day Water Fast

Well, I'm almost done.  Today is the last day of my 7 day water fast.  I've been talking to the Lord, thanking Him for everything He has blessed me with, asking Him to help me be a better servant of Him, wife, mother, employee, etc.


I've lost about 10-11 lbs., depending on which scale I used.  I feel good, but a little weak and dizzy once in a while.  I also dislike very much the taste in my mouth.. yuck.  I have to brush my teeth several times a day.


Another fun thing is that my office is doing a challenge to see who loses the most weight in 12 weeks.  There are over 300 employees in the challenge and tomorrow is the final weigh in.  I'm hoping to at least win top loser in my department, but if I get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd overall I will be ecstatic.  I'll let you know the outcome in a later post.


I will be breaking my fast tomorrow, after the weigh in.  I plan to eat watermelon first, then maybe some vegetable broth.  For lunch I plan to have a carrot & cabbage salad with fresh squeezed orange as a dressing.  I might also have some steamed chard and tomatoes.  Dinner will be the same with maybe some zucchini or other vegetable I have.  I'll be drinking vegetable broth and maybe some fresh fruit and vegetable juice (from my juicer) during the day.. Mmm I can't wait :-)


I have been doing short videos each day so I will try to edit that and post it on another day.

No comments: